Monday, October 25, 2010

One quick update of many - PART 1

So today I brought my car into the collision center to get fixed.  In the mean time I have been outfitted with a Hyundai Elantra. It's an alright car- four wheels, four doors- which makes it slightly less cool, in my opinion, than its two door cousins. That's ok though, it has heated seats and lots of little compartments to put stuff, so that definitely brings up the coolness factor. Unfortunately for me, I am paranoid that someone in the parking lot here is going to smash their  car door into the side of mine (like they frequently do) and that I will be responsible for any dings. To prevent this I have devised a fool proof plan. I have parked it in the only spot that doesnt allow parking on either side and plan on keeping a monopoly on this spot by not driving the car until Friday when I can go get my car. In the mean time I am going to continue toning my gluts by walking everywhere. It is almost win-win. Almost.

I have some running around I should be doing right now, but that would mean walking, and since I dont currently feel like walking I am going to sit here and provide you with a much needed break from your day. See? Win-win.

As some of you may know, THE MOMS (my mom, and Charles' mom) came to visit us just over a month ago. Before I go into detail about our adventures together though, let me introduce you to my new home, Fredericton. Fredericton can essentially can be summed up by these two pictures.



There are (some) good things about Fredericton however, and for all the not so good things, they arent anything that coffee cant fix.


Yes, that's right, living here has driven me to consuming at LEAST a couple cups of coffee a month. I now fully understand why when I would tell people who had been to Fredericton, or lived in Fredericton, that I was moving here, their only comment would be "oh, the scenery there is beautiful." Yup, that is about all it has going for it. That, cool old houses, and a close proximity to more "b-e-a-u-ti-ful scenery."

So without further ado, here are some cool old houses. Oooooh. Ahhhh. No, really, they are darn impressive.








Now that the houses are out of the way we can go onto scenery, and Day 2 of when the mom's came to town, this is when the real adventure began.